I love this picture of my dad (far right) with his brothers. He is happy as can be! There is no other place that he would rather be than with family up in the mountains (well,maybe a baseball field)Happy Fathers Day to the FATHERS in my life!!!
First I will give a shout out to the Father that raised me... I have been so lucky to have been raised by such a good man! I know I wasn't the easiest daughter to raise... and am sure that he would have liked to take a stick and knock me across the head a few times when I was being a butt, but never once did I feel that he did not love me. There was a time back in high school that he would drive me to school every morning because I was "too cool" to ride the bus. We had some of the best conversations on that car ride! Its moments like those that you don't appreciate until they are gone. I look up to my dad so much! My dad has always been there for me and I know will always be. I have always said that I wanted to marry a man like my dad.... I remember back when Larry and I were getting really serious, My dad and I were able to sit down together many times and talk about marriage and my future plans. Their is nothing that I wanted more than my dad's Approval of Larry..... which my dad gave without hesitation!
That leads me to another "Father" in my life. The father of my home now and our sweet daughter! Larry is everything I could ask for in a husband and father. And no.. I am not just saying that. There are many times I sit back and just think about my life and how lucky I am to have such an amazing man that I get to be married to! Well yeah, we have our little disagreements here and there- but they are usually over within about five min. He is so forgiving of my faults... I have never met a more forgiving person.... He also works so hard for our family.. he will come home some nights so burnt out but wont say a thing... he makes it possible for me to be able to stay home with Brenley.. he looks out for us and always has our wants and needs in mind. He is Truly my best friend!
Onto the next "Dad" in my life, My father in Law. What a good man he is. Larry is the strong man he is because of his father. His dad challenges him to be a better person and to always strive to reach higher. I have so much respect for him and the advice that he gives to us. He is a very knowledgeable man and is always looking out for his family's best interest. He is so generous to us and always willing lend a hand. From day one he welcomed me into the family with open arms never once making me feel unwelcome.
I am so lucky to have such wonderful fathers in my life... as I was writing this post the thought that kept coming to my mind was that I also have my Father in Heaven that I know has and always will always be there for me. There have been times in my life that I have chosen to push my Father in Heaven to the side and focus on other things that seem more important at the time... but its funny because each time I fall it seems that he is waiting patiently for me to reach up my hand and just ask for help.. and he pulls right back up again. I know that his love is unconditional and I am so grateful for that and the patience he has with me!
THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE FATHERS IN MY LIFE! I HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL FATHERS DAY! I LOVE YOU ALL!






2 comments:
FYI: I have a ball I believe belongs to little Brenley.
I love your blog... It's feeling a little neglected though!
Post a Comment