I know it's a bit early for mothers day, but I just want to write a little note about how special mothers are.
As I went to sleep last night I knew it was going to be a long one! I have (once again) come down with this cold/flu/ gunk that has been going around. By the time last night hit, I couldn't stop coughing.. I would lay down, and sure enough, attempt to hack up a lung! So after about 3 hours of not sleeping and keeping my husband awake, I decided I would make myself a bed on the couch. As I sat out in the family room, by myself coughing so hard I couldn't breathe for just a few min. I wished I were a kid again.... my mom would have been right there with me, doing everything she could to comfort me. Yeah, she might have been tired, and even have a big day ahead of her, but she would never complain, not once! I'm sure all of you can think of similar experiences.
And then I thought a little more (hey, what else was there to do right?)... and realized how important the role of a mother is! Mothers are so unselfish, and always have the best for their children in mind. Yeah, I know my mom and I had MANY disagreements as I have grown up, but as I look back, she always had my best interest in mind, and was never just arguing with me to argue, it was done with love.
So I just want to give a shout out to all you mothers, or soon to be mothers! What an amazing person you are! We are all so different with different backgrounds... and thats whats so awesome! We all are striving to be good mothers and only want the best for our kids!
So there is my little rambling for the day:) Thank you all for humoring me and reading it!
Monday, March 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Em you are so sweet. That is exactly what mother hood is, and you wonder how you will do it when you are a mother and you think I am going to be so frustrated saying up all night with my kid, you do but it is out of love. You love them and are very concerned about them every time they get sick. I hope you feel better. I remember once your mom sat up with me in the night when I was sick when I stayed at you house once. She really is a sweet lade.
Hey she sat with me when I was sick too! Remember when I got so sick when we went camping? We are so lucky to have such great moms. You appreciate it even more when you become a mom and lose all of your sleep! :) I'm so excited for you to be a mom, you will be the best. Its the greatest. I miss you guys, I hope you and little Brenley are doing well...I can't wait to see her!
You are so tender!! You will be an AWESOME mom. You little Brenley will be lucky to have you!!
You sucker! You are down to days. I can't wait to see that little girl inside your tummy....I just hope her favorite cousin comes shortly after. I happen to have the same mother and agree that you will never realize just how much she did for you until you have kids of your own. The older they get the more you realize that when you do get stuck, and can't take it anymore you either call her or you. Can you believe she raised such different people that are still friends. Not to mention the fact that with every child, you are a different mother. So I agree, thank you mommy for all you do, and have done. And thank you for raising a daughter that is a bright spot, I am sure in more than just my life.
Post a Comment