So many of you know that I have been working in the Young W omens in my ward for the past two years.... and have LOVED IT! I have grown to love and admire each and every girl for their individuality and strength that they have. I would say that it is a calling that I have always wanted and was so blessed to be able to be a part of these girls life. But, I guess when you get too comfortable somewhere.... the Lord likes to throw you for a loop and release you and put you as.... dum de dum dummm... The Primary Chorister!! Yes, some of you may have thought "come on how bad can that be???" But me... I was scared to death! You see, if I were to know how to read any sort of notes maybe it wouldn't be so bad, or if I knew how to sing well... maybe it wouldn't be so bad or even if I knew how to lead music it would be a little bit better but, since I know how to do none of the above, it kind of rattled my nerves a bit.... ??!!!! Well, it has been a Month now, and I feel like the luckiest person in the world that I get to have this calling! I still don't have the leading or reading note thing down, but I figure that will come! I wont say that it is easy... actually far from that, but being able to teach these special songs to these children in such a fun way has been such a blessing beyond measure. Today they were able to pass off "I lived in Heaven" the song that we have been learing for January! I was so stinkin proud of them, and I would say they were proud of themselfs too! The spirit was so strong in that room! I never realized how these songs are pretty much a testimony put to music- Tears came to my eyes as we sang the last song today- It's a lot easier to explain to the Young Women why you are crying than trying to tell these sweet spirits why I started to cry and had to stop singing because they were singing so good!
I am so grateful for this new calling- It has already strengthened my testimony so much- what an honor it is for me to be able to teach these songs to these children..... Its funny because a few weeks before I got this calling I had been struggling with a few things and was telling Larry about them and he said-" Well, when you are struggling, Start singing a primary song- that always works!" I just kind of blew him off, and then thought of that when I was called! Man I guess this is the Lords Idea of getting me back on track! I love it though!! I know that this is another adventure I get the opportunity to go on through my Journey of life! I know the Lord has a plan for each of us, and knows what we need and what is best for us- even if we might think alittle different... we just have to put our faith in him that he will get us through anything that is put in our path. He will ALWAYS be there for us, it is just up to us, to ask for the help.




5 comments:
Oh Hollywood! you never cease to amaze me! You are going to be super with these kids....I am so glad you are there, because my kids benefit too. I, along with all the rest of the young women and leaders will (and already do) miss you very much. Thanks for those 2 years in YW.
Oh I bet the kids just love you! I know you would be so good at that! Very challenging though, I'm sure! Hope you guys are doing well!
Em you have such a great attitude! That calling would scare me to death to, but you: you are just amazing. I just love ya and I'm sure those kids do to. There is nothing sweeter than kids singing primary songs.
Oh, I'm so glad its going well! I'm sure you do so great. That sounds like such a fun calling. We are singing I Lived in Heaven in our Primary, I love that song. :)
I bet you are the best teacher ever!! I look up to you and know that you will inspire those kids and they will learn so much from you!! Good luck and keep in touch, lets play soon!!
Post a Comment