CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 21

Goodbyes

Last night I said goodbye to an old friend. Someone who has been there for me through thick and thin the past five years. Sometimes the only friend I felt like I had sometimes- she was always there for me through those long drives to nowhere.... she has caught many of my tears and laughed along with my stupid jokes. She has put up with my wild crazy music- and at times when she shouldn't have pulled through for me- she always did, even when I had her in circumstances that were less than comfortable. I knew this moment was coming, she was too sick for me to take care of anymore and I had to pass her on. This friend I am talking about... well, is my little black Volkswagon Jetta!!
OHHH the memories!! This was the car I bought after I graduated High School my first "big" purchase! That car rocked (ok so maybe in its early days..) This baby could go anywhere... It was a trooper! But I guess you have to say goodbye sometime- and we figured that since the A/C broke last summer, there was no way we could go another summer with the windows down and sweat rings in our armpits! (eww) ! So last November we got another car and the little Jetta sat all winter long:( and finally after weeks of people calling and saying that they were coming to look at it then would never show up (whats up with that anyways- why can't they make a simple call and say they are not interested anymore?? is it that hard??) anyways after a long wait we finally got a buyer! WAHOO! What a relief it was to see that thing drive away... off of my hands, out of my driveway! See ya old pal!! I just hope that if anything goes wrong the people who bought it wont come hunt us down (literally). They were a bit scary and came from gangstaville Ogden!! Yikes!!!

3 comments:

kollers said...

Oh old jetta! So many memories! Well i still haven't seen your new car. I probably have seen it when we've come over but didn't realize it was yours. He he. I'm glad you got her sold.

Adam, Traci and Brooklyn said...

That was pretty funny! I thought your husband was going to go crazy waiting for them to show up!

Amber & Dustin Forman said...

You are too funny!
Hey! I'm trying to get the girls together - our old gang! Can you come to dinner at the Wingers in Riverton on Tuesday April 14th at 6:30? I would love to see you there! Please say yes, and bring your gorgeous BABY!!!!