CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29

Oh no you DIDN'T!!!


Ok, so I am fuming right now! It takes alot to get me going......... but I am going and when I write the reason why, I am sure most of you will understand. I say most of you because, well, you are mothers and if not mothers... you at least are the one who takes care of a lot of the house work! Am I right??? Well let me explain to you! Last night I was speaking with someone (well actually it is 12:45 in the morning so it was just a few hours ago.. but I was just up with Brenley and I couldn't stop thinking about this, so, I decided to blog!) anyways- I was having a conversation with this person and they had the guts to ask me "what do you do all day?" OK, so no it wasn't a nice "what do you do all day"- they were really wondering what I did! (my jaw dropped that they would even ask such a question!) I get to stay home with Brenley and consider it to be such a privlage... I don't do it because I am lazy and hate to work, in fact- some days I wish I could get out of the house every day and get a break and go to a normal job- But I don't so that means I am home all day watching soap operas and eating cheetos right? WRONG! I know alot of you are right here with me and even those who do go to work are right here with me too.... I honestly don't stop all day long... I can't explain everything I do...heck some days I look at the clock and its almost four and I am wondering where my day has gone because I have been running all day. I am not perfect at keeping my house clean, but I try- some days it is embarassing and I just hope no one comes to visit because I still have dishes in the sink from two nights ago and the laundry is piled up and the toilet is dirty and there is a strange smell coming from my garbage and sooo on- BUT that doesn't mean I haven't been busy all day!!! I have come to realize everyone has those day's where the house is a pigsty and I know that they don't choose to have it that way- If we all were perfect and had even an extra three hours in the day our houses would be spotless and would always be in order- but lets get back to reality here and realize its not always like that!!! So you want to know what I do all day hu?? well why not come over and spend a few days observing... I won't mind- go ahead and plop your butt next to my nice big pile of clean laundry needing to get folded and I will show you!

12 comments:

Annalisa said...

I totally understand. Someone who has never been a mom, esp a stay a home cannot understand how busy you are all the time. And anyone who is a mom will understand why your dishes aren't done and your house is not spotless. Vent away because we're all with you on this.

The Keeles said...

Amen! I have a confession, I acutally had someone clean my house today because I am too busy to get it done. Granted, I do a little work but being a mom is definitely time consuming. And really its not just being a mom its being a wife, a housekeeper, an accountant, a chef, a gardener, etc. etc. I read once somewhere that if housewifes were to be paid for all the tasks they do all day(and all night) they would make more than most doctors, lawyers, and so on! More power to ya!

Kristy said...

Wow Emily, I am so with you! I work full time, but when I am home all day because I took the day off or whatever, I don't just sit there and watch t.v. or sleep. I wonder the same thing when its 4:00pm, where did the time go? Being a mom is a lot of work on top of cleaning, doing dishes, laundry, cooking dinner, grocery shopping, etc. One day I hope that person will realize something.

The Conders said...

You said it girl! Staying home is definitely a privelage, but a very difficult one!

Annie said...

Amen to that! I would love to have the time to just sit around and do nothing! Being a mom and wife keeps us all too busy to do anything else!

Jason and Britney said...

I always say to Jason- You go to work and get to come home and take the night off. I go to work, and LIVE THERE 24/7!!!!

Sarah said...

I hope I didn't ask you that and made you so angry. If I did I will be right over to clean your house.....On another note you know how nice and clean my house is...lol!!! Wait until you have more than one, it gets even tougher. You have more laundry, less time and then start with all over with a third child. It's a blast baby!

Sarah said...

I hope I didn't ask you that and made you so angry. If I did I will be right over to clean your house.....On another note you know how nice and clean my house is...lol!!! Wait until you have more than one, it gets even tougher. You have more laundry, less time and then start with all over with a third child. It's a blast baby!

Fowkes said...

Right on!! You'll never know how busy it is to be a homemaker and a mom until you are in that situation!! Not to say that having just one is not busy, but I imagine it gets busier and busier with the more kids you have!! We are in for a treat!!

Robison's said...

Oh my gosh! I totally understand! I have had a few people ask me that too and it drives me nuts! Peopls have no idea what it's like to be a stay at home mother. I totally feel for you!

Jenny said...

ha ha...you and amber, angry at the world ;) But you are 100% right! I work with kids all day long, and I'm telling you right now that I couldn't be a stay at home mom! That sounds harder to me than taking care of 12 3yr olds! Now staying home and being lazy...of course I would love to do that! Who wouldn't? But let's face the facts ... babies poop (ugh), cry, and eat ALL FREAKIN DAY LONG!

Barlow Fam said...

I know what you mean, I completely understand, sometimes I feel guilty because I am home, and I feel like some people don't understand at all what we mothers do all day long!! You said it, it is harder than anyone can ever know!!