CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 14

Ouch!!


Oh dear, what a day it has been! You see, today was the day our poor Iceman had to make his long trip to the Vets to get NEUTERED (every dogs nightmare!). But lets back up a little to last night. The doc said he could not eat anything past 8:00 the night before his surgery. So, I make sure his food is put away, and all his bones are up for the night like a good mother would. Well during one of my nightly trips to the potty, Iceman wakes up as well and is at my feet following me around... so I get back to bed, and so does the dog, and all the sudden I can hear his tummy just growling away!!! He was trying to get my attention to tell me to get him some food! So needless to say I go through the night worrying that he is starving to death! Then as my alarm goes off at 6:30 I reach for my snooze button, and happen to knock over my glass full of water all over my nightstand, well I find a towel (in the dark) and pat it up and go back to sleep... not knowing that my water is now absorbing itself into my alarm clock eventually making it get stuck on some strange alien numbers, making it so I will be late to Iceman's appointment! ... Not a biggie though, (besides the broken clock I need to replace) we got him there and all was great until I came to pick him up and the lady explained to me he could not eat anything until 8:00 tonight! As the tears came to my eyes (no kidding!!) I explained to the lady about his tummy grumbling the night before, and how I don't know if I could hold off on his food again! (Yes, I know.. I'm a loser) So, we went home and first thing he did was run to his food dish... so yes, I was a sucker, and fed him! He gobbled it up right away and I have no regrets for giving it to him! Now he is just been bumming around all night, in pain wondering why?? why me?? I'm looking to the future though, and hoping this will stop his little humping episodes he has become so famous for! Soo, now you may be wondering how on earth I will be able to handle kids... well, I'm questioning myself at this point as well. Thanks for listening to my rambling:)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey you guys! I'm glad you had fun on your trip! Poor little Iceman. I don't blame you at all for crying and being upset. First of all...you're pregnant!!! That excuse covers everything! But yes...you must prepare yourself for taking your little darling girl to the doc. But its not as bad as I thought. Thinking of little Brenley...is it May yet? I'm ready to see her!!

Tiff and Rand said...

Poor little guy! I totally would've cried hearing his tummy and not being able to feed him. Good thing it's all over though. You're site is adorable, by the way! It was good seeing you yesterday!

Annalisa said...

What a cute blog! I love your background, thanks for giving me your blog address because I am pathetically obsessed with reading blogs. I look forward to getting ot know you.